- Would you like to come to Germany as an Au-pair?
Then fill in the au-pair-application form („Au-pair-Anmeldeformular“) from our homepage. If you are unable to this online, please tell us and we will send it to you per post or per fax. Complete the application in detail and send it back to us.
- After receiving your application form, we will searsch for a suitable family for you. Your wishes and the wisches of the family will be considered so that a good match can be made. We will submit your application form and infromation to families which we think would suit you.
- We will notify you immediately when a family wants to get to know you. Our agency will provide you with a completed family application form and at least one family photo.
- If you like the family, and if you can imagine living and working for some period of time with her please tell us.
- You need a contract („Vertrag über eine Au-pair-Beschäftigung“), which we send to you. All conditions will be listed there. Please sign it and send it back to us.
- Your future host family will stay in contact with you and together you will arrange wour starting date in Germany. The family will notify us of this date. Within two days of your arrival you are to contact us. It is very important to us to know, that you have arrived well.
- If you come from a non-EU/-EWR-member country (excluding Switzerland) you need to obtain a visa for Germany from a German Embassy in your country. This takes about 5-12 weeks. For your visa you will need a signed contract with your host family.
If you come from EU-contry like Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Slovakia, Slowenia, Czech or Hungary as well as from other EU/-EWR-contries, you will first need this signed contract for the alien registration office in Germany.
- Au-pairs from EU-countries as well as from EU-/ERW-countries do not need a visa, but they have to have an “Aufenthaltserlaubnis-EG”. This may be abtained at the allien registration office. Within seven days of your arrival in Germany you must go to the residents registration office.
- Do not worry! Your host family will help you!
- We ask our host families to make daily schedule for the new Au-pair. This way you know when and where they need your help.
- Your host family will write a telefone list for you with all important numbers, so that in a case of emergency you can get help very quickly.
- Be patient if you feel insecure at the beginning of your stay with your German family. You may experience a “culture shock” (e.g. because of different living and eating habits your family). Please take your time and do not be shy. Talk to your family and try to get to know them better. Generally, this feeling lasts for only a few weeks.
We hope that you will be satisfied with your family and we wish you a good time!
If you shoud have any difficulties while you are in Germany as an Au-pair, please tell us. We are avaliable for you at all times during!!!